Under guidance from the Governor’s office (Proclamation No. 20-28.4), the Planning Commission now has authority to resume regular meetings, with the next one to be held on Thursday, June 25 via Remote Attendance. The agenda packet is available by clicking on "Most Recent Agenda" below.
Members of the public who wish to participate in this meeting may do so by joining the Zoom meeting at the following link:
Phone participation is also available by calling 1-253-215-8782, and entering webinar ID: 891 2935 2355 When prompted, the password is: 744109
- 5:45 pm
- Second Thursday of each month; fourth Thursday of each month as needed
- City Council Chambers
501 N. Anderson Street
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are also available following approval.
There are seven Planning Commission members, five of which must be city residents. Commission members serve six-year terms. The current Commission members are:
- Gretchen Thatcher, Chair, term ends May 31, 2022
- Edgar Harrell, term ends May 31, 2026
- Beverly Heckart, term ends May 31, 2022
- Gayl Curtiss, term ends May 31, 2021
- Geraldine O’Mahony, term ends May 31, 2024
- Fred Padjen, term ends May 31, 2024
- George Bottcher, term ends May 31, 2026
The Planning Commission operates under the authority of Chapter 1.14 of the City Code and is responsible for:
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the City Council pertaining to the long-term Comprehensive Land Use Plan and the zoning ordinance
- Conducting hearings and making decisions and/or recommendations on a variety of land-use applications including permits, conditional uses, annexations, rezones, and subdivisions