Local past events and people are recorded in materials held at the Ellensburg Public Library, including hundreds of books, photos, historic collections and minutes, notes and agendas from local community clubs and organizations.
Click here to see the list that the library archives
Google has Digitized the Ellensburg Daily Record Newspaper
Browse the Daily Record by date via Google. Daily Record historic newspaper via Google News
Heritage Quest Online
This is a genealogical database that includes federal census records, family histories, local histories, the Periodical Source Index, and more.
Inside the Library | Outside the Library
Ancestry Library Online
This genealogical database includes federal and state census, church, military, court, land, probate, immigration, and vital records. It is not available outside of library.
Inside the Library only
Collection & Information Resources
- Central Washington University Brooks Library: Digital Collections
- Ellensburg Historic Photograph Collection: Ellensburg Collection on the Brooks Library site.
- Fred Krueger Photograph Collection: Fred's collection of historical photographs is housed at CWU.
- Genealogical Society: Kittitas County's comprehensive historical research site
- The Seattle Times: Centennial stories of the Pacific Northwest.
- Through Open Eyes: Roslyn Black History exhibit
- University of Washington Library: American Indians of the Pacific Northwest Collection
- Washington State Archives: Washington History
- Washington State University Libraries: Digital Collections
- Washington Rural Heritage: A collection of historic materials documenting the early culture, industry, and community life of Ellensburg and the Kittitas Valley. This project is supported by grants from the Washington State Library with funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.