Doing Business

Ellensburg business licensing

Starting November 30, 2017, all permanent business licensing applications are being processed online. To comply with HB2005, a city is required to partner  with a provider to have business licenses issued and renewed. The City’s business licensing partner is Washington State Business Licensing  Service (BLS). For more information on City requirements or the BLS system, visit the following City of Ellensburg Business License webpage.

New and renewing businesses who do business or are located in Ellensburg are required to hold a business license.

For more information contact Washington State Business Licensing Service or call 1-800-451-7985

Ellensburg Finance Department/City Clerk  509-925-8614

Ellensburg temporary business license – includes any person who engages in business for less than 90  consecutive days within any 12-month period selling and delivering  goods, wares and merchandise and who in furtherance of such purpose  hires, leases or occupies any building, structure, parking lot or area,  motor vehicle, tent, railroad boxcar, public room in hotels, motels,  lodging houses, apartments, shops, or other fixed location for the  exhibition and sale of such goods, wares, and merchandise.

Ellensburg temporary business licenses are applied for through the City of  Ellensburg Finance Department, not through the State’s MyDOR system.