John Akers, City Manager
The City of Ellensburg is operated under a Council-Manager form of government. As the Chief Executive Officer of the City, the City Manager implements the policies set by the City Council, provides leadership and oversight to the staff team in the delivery of City services, and serves as the City's representative regarding regional, state and federal issues.
The manager oversees a workforce of approximately 160 employees and an annual budget of $86.4 million.
The Office of the City Manager is responsible for the execution of policies established by the City Council and for providing administrative direction for all city departments.
Major functions include:
- Preparing reports and information to assist the City Council in setting policy direction for the City
- Provide leadership and oversight to staff team in the delivery of City services and implementation of Council policy
- Developing and monitoring the City's annual work program
- Preparing and monitoring the preliminary biennial budget
- Providing interface with federal, state, and local institutions and agencies
- Acting as the city's representative in negotiations, intergovernmental efforts, and ceremonial activities as requested by the City Council
Learn about the history of Ellensburg
Apply to service on a City Board or Commission
View the current City budget
Contact a City department
or City Council member
501 N. Anderson Street
Ellensburg, WA 98926
|By phone or fax
P. (509) 962-7221
F. (509) 962-7143
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM