Senior Citizens Advisory Commission
Agendas & Minutes
- 1:00 pm
- Second Tuesday of each month
- Adult Activity Center
506 S. Pine St.
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes
| View All Minutes
There are seven Senior Citizens Advisory Commission members, all of which must be at least 55 years of age. The Commission must also include representatives of agencies and organizations interested primarily in senior citizens. Commission members serve two-year terms. Current Commission members are:
- James Davis, term expires May 31, 2017
- Joy Thomas, term expires May 31, 2017
- Helen Burrows, term expires May 31, 2018
- Johanna Olson, term expires May 31, 2017
- Marcella Gauthier-Hunt, term expires May 31, 2018
- John Camarata, term expires May 31, 2017
- Pat Carney, term expires May 31, 2018
The Senior Citizens Advisory Commission operates under the authority of Chapter 1.48 of the City Code
and is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the City Council on matters pertaining to senior citizen participation in programs and use of facilities provided by the City
- Encouraging and promoting activities to meet the needs of seniors as well as formulating and articulating to Council the long-term needs and goals of senior citizens
For more information, please contact Katrina Douglas
, the Senior Citizens Advisory Commission's Staff Contact, at (509) 962-7242.