Parks & Recreation Commission
Agendas & Minutes
- 5:30 pm
- Second Wednesday of each month
- Council Conference Room
501 N. Anderson St.
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda
| View All Agendas
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes
| View All Minutes
There are seven Parks and Recreation Commission members, a majority of which must be City residents. Commission members serve three-year terms. The current Commission members are:
- Michael Burdick, term expires May 31, 2018
- Delores Gonzalez - Chair, term expires May 31, 2018
- VACANT, term expires May 31, 2019
- Jack Frost, term expires May 31, 2018
- Dan Witkowski, term expires May 31, 2019
- Joe Sheeran, term expires May 31, 2017
- Phyllis (PJ) MacPhaiden, term expires May 31, 2017
The Parks and Recreation Commission operates under the authority of Chapter 1.16 of the City Code
and is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the City Council pertaining to recreation programs and parks development and operation
- Encouraging and promoting all forms of recreation programs and activities that employ residents’ leisure time in a constructive and wholesome manner
- Periodically reviewing and making recommendations for revisions to the Parks and Recreation Comprehensive Plan
For more information, please email the Parks and Recreation Commission
or call Brad Case, the Parks and Recreation Commission's Staff Contact, at (509) 925-8639.