Building Appeals Board
- As called by the Chair
- Council Chambers
501 N. Anderson St.
Ellensburg, WA 98926
There are five Building Appeals Board members, which are not required to be City residents. The members of the Building Appeals Board serve two-year terms. The current Board members are:
- David Carns - Chair, term expires December 31, 2016
- Rusty Gigstead, term expires December 31, 2017
- Douglas Ryder, term expires December 31, 2017
- Vacant, term expires December 31, 2016
- Vacant, term expires December 31, 2017
The Building Appeals Board operates under the authority of Chapter 3.2 of the City Code
and is responsible for:
- Hearing appeals of decisions or interpretations of the building official concerning alternate materials and types of construction as required in the International Building Code adopted by the City
- Providing for reasonable interpretations of the provisions of the codes
The Board may recommend to the City Council
such new legislation as is consistent with its interpretations.
For more information, please email the Building Appeals Board
or call Dan Davis, the Building Appeals Board's Staff Contact, at (509) 962-7239.