In January 2017, the city is offering businesses, home offices and telecommuters the opportunity to connect to the city's fiber optic internet network. Two service speeds are available: 300 Mbps and 1 Gbps.
An introductory offer to businesses, home offices, and telecommuters includes a one-time credit up to $5,000 to connect to the service. If your connection fee is less than $5,000, then you may apply to be connected for free; if your connection fee is $5,000 or more, you would be responsible for the connection costs exceeding $5,000.
Individuals that gain the most out of fiber optic internet are those who require a fast, reliable internet connection, specifically companies which need a continuous connection to sustain their operations.
CURRENT FIBER OPTIC SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (1/20/17)
The introductory offer is closed. Please check back for updated information.
- Faster than conventional internet speeds
- Month-to-month fee with no hidden equipment costs
Up to 300 Mbps service at $39.95/month/business
Up to 1 Gbps service at $59.99/month/business
PLEASE NOTE: Download and upload speeds listed are the maximum available with each service tier. Actual speed is affected by many factors, including customer-owned equipment and internal building wiring.
- Month-to-month service (extended contract is available)
- Technical support available workdays, Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM (closed holidays)
- Applications due February 10, 2017; service delivery begins after August 1, 2017
Contact: (509) 962-7225 or