501 N. Anderson St.
Ph: (509) 925-8614
Fx: (509) 962-7130
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Office of the City Clerk provides the professional link between the citizens, the local governing body, and agencies of government at other levels.
The City Clerk's Office maintains official records of City Council meetings and all adopted ordinances, resolutions, and contracts.
General Mandated Duties of the City Clerk
Street Closure Application
Noise Waiver Application
- Maximizes access to city government
- Supports the Council and city staff in their legislative functions
- Administers the production of all meetings of the City Council, keeping a complete and accurate record of the proceedings, and making this information available to staff and to the public in a way that is easily accessed and understood
- Prepares agendas and Council packets
- Provides for ordinance codification, and takes oaths, affirmations, and acknowledgements as necessary
- Maintains custody of the official City Seal and attests deeds and other documents, such as ordinances, resolutions, minutes, and contracts, by signing and affixing the City Seal
- Publishes/posts legal notices for the City Council, advises the members of the City Council and the public regarding date, time, and location of all Council meetings
- Receives and administers bid openings for city projects
- Administers the business licensing process for the City of Ellensburg