Click to Home

Go To Search

Graphic Links
Utility Service to New Buildings
If you are planning to construct a new building, your first step is to acquire the necessary permits. After or at the same time you are satisfying the requirements for permits, you can apply to have utilities installed to and/or on your property.

In most cases power, natural gas, water and sewer lines already exist in the alley or street adjacent to vacant lots. If you are planning to develop property into lots, or in some rare cases with existing building lots, you will need to have utility lines extended to your property.

Applying for the extension of utility services is part of the building permit process. You will need to contact the Public Works Department 509-962-7230 to apply for water and sewer service. The Energy Services Department 509-962-7124 can provide information and applications for electric and natural gas service. Both utility departments are located on the 2nd floor of City Hall at 501 North Anderson Street. Please be prepared to provide the following information: 
  • Name and address of property owner 
  • Name and address of contractor performing work 
  • Telephone number (home and/or work) 
  • Physical address of lot, legal description of property or tax parcel number 
  • Construction schedule 
  • Plot plan showing proposed building and utility locations 
  • Load information to size the utility service (electrical, natural gas, water and sewer)
Line extension policies differ among the four utilities. Information on specific policies will be provided during the application process.

501 North Anderson Street
Ellensburg, WA 98926
(509) 962-7204