ELLENSBURG, Wash. — The Ellensburg Arts Commission is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2024 Project Grants. This year, the commission received 34 applications totaling $64,000, with $30,000 in funding to award. The criteria considered by the Arts Commission for each project proposal includes public benefit, artistic significance, a commitment to complete the project, and budget feasibility.
The projects listed below will offer the Ellensburg community opportunities to explore art through new works, events, and classes, as well as experience long-standing local traditions.
Ellensburg Arts Commission project funding approved for 2024:
- Justin Gibbens: ‘Birdsong’ at the Palace Gallery, $1000
- Carrie Michel: Kairos Lunch Concerts/First Fridays October-March, $1000
- Crista Ames: Weight (sculpture exhibition), $1000
- Jenny Humphrey: Ellensburg Fiddle Project, $1000
- Gayle Scott: People with Puppets, $1000
- Tamara and Neil Caulkins: New Music for Two Guitars, $1000
- Gallery One: Trimpin Exhibit, $2500
- CWU Music/Joshua Gianola: 2024 New Music Festival, $2500
- Kittitas County Historical Society: Ellensburg Music Preservation Project, $2500
- Blue Bear Puppet Lab: Mardi Gras Night Parade, $2500
- Valley Theatre Company: 2024 Rising Stars Production: The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood, $2500
- Nuwave Gallery: Downtown Entry Mural, $2500
- Ellensburg Big Band: EBB Swing Dance Project, $2500
- Ellensburg Dance Ensemble: The Nutcracker, $2500
- Inland Poetry: PiE (Poetry in Ellensburg), $1500
- Ellensburg Downtown Association: Buskers In the Burg, $2500
The Ellensburg Arts Commission looks forward to a great 2024 and would like to thank all of the artists and community members who continually make Ellensburg a center for the arts. We encourage you to get involved in the Ellensburg Arts community and create community through the arts. Learn more about the Ellensburg Arts Commission and its programs.
# # #