Adult Activity Center
The Adult Activity Center (AAC) serves as a drop-in recreation facility for adults 50+. Our mission is to offer a variety of recreational and life-enrichment activities which include health and wellness, fitness, nutrition, intellectual well-being, art, games, special-interest activities, computer assistance and classes, trips and tours, and special events.
NEW AT THE AAC! TABLE TENNIS
View Lunch & Learn Program for February 2020!
March - May Trips!
Grocery Store Tour - Wednesday, March 4, 2020 11:45 AM - 2:00 PM. Register by February 26, 2020. Fee: Free.
Skagit Valley Tulip Festival - Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Register by April 1, 2020. Fee: user $73/non-$79 includes box lunch, festival tix, and transportation.
Olive Branch Cafe and Tea Room - Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Register by April 15, 2020. Fee: user $81/non $86 includes tea part with food; gratuity optional.
Bingo lunch cruise on Lakes Union and Washington - Wednesday, May 6, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Register by April 6, 2020. Fee: user $96/non $102. Fee includes lunch, transportation and boat tickets.
Hutterite Colony - Wednesday, May 20, 2020 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Register by May 4, 2020. Fee: user $59/non $64 includes lunch, tour and a loaf of bread.
All trips require participants to register. You can register online or in-person at the AAC, 506 S. Pine St. Registration fees are paid in advance with cash or check. For ongoing and upcoming events, trips, and activities, check out our calendar.
- 11:00 AM Creative Mindfulness
- 11:00 AM Color Me Happy
- 11:00 AM Zentangle
- 1:00 PM Needle Crafters
- 1:30 PM Writing Group (January 8-February 12)
- 9:00 AM Pine Needle Basketry
- 1:00 PM Ceramics (3rd Thursday of the Month)
- 1:00 PM Paper Crafts with Jean Kirkham (2nd & 4th Thursday of the month)
- 9:00 AM Wood Carving
MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY
- 8:00 AM Morning Exercise Class
- 8:00 AM Essentrics (location Stan Bassett Youth Center), Feb. 3-26. User fee is $30; non-user is $40
- 11:00 AM Silver Sneakers
- 9:30 AM Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL)
- 1:30 PM SAIL
- 11:30 am - 1:30 pm Table Tennis
- 2:00 PM Western Line Dancing
TUESDAY AND THURSDAY
- 8:00 AM Foot Care/Healthy Smiles Dental Cleaning
- 8:00 AM Yoga (starting Oct. 15)
- 9:00 AM Level 2: Tai Ji Quan (location Stan Bassett Youth Center)
- 10:00 AM Level 1: Tai Ji Quan (location Stan Bassett Youth Center)
- 11:00 AM Hand Massage (3rd Tuesday of each month)
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm Table Tennis
- 11:00 AM Essentrics (location Stan Bassett Youth Center), Jan. 24-Feb. 28. User fee is $30; non-user is $40
FOOT CARE - Please call AAC for more information (509) 962-7242
HEALTHY SMILES DENTAL CLEANING - Please call (206) 650-3272 or (425) 891-5061 or email
- 8:30 AM Duplicate Bridge
- 10:00 AM Memory Cafe (2nd Tuesday of the month at Ellensburg Historical Museum, 114 E 3rd)
- 2:00 PM Meaningful Connections, Jan. 14-March 10
- 10:00 AM Computer Skills
- 12:00 PM Bridge
- 12:10 PM Brown Bag Lunch Series
- 2:00 PM Alzheimer's Association Caregiver Support Group (3rd Thursday of the month at Hal Holmes Community Center, 209 N. Ruby St)
- 11:30 AM Social Activity with light lunch
- 1:00 PM Pinochle
AAC Staff and Volunteers
- Katrina Douglas, Coordinator
- Katelyn Clavette, Recreation Leader
- Tina Peet, Volunteer Support
- Gabriella Bacon, Volunteer Support
- Alice Brown, Volunteer Support
- Vonnie Nichols, Volunteer Support
- Deborah Boudreau, AmeriCorps Member
- Roxanne Laush, AmeriCorps Member